Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda, P. O. Box 1499, Kampala Uganda, Phone: +256 414 692222, E-mail: email@example.com, Website: www.ubteb.go.ug
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Examinations Boards in Uganda. This is a professional Examinations Board with the mandate to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions. The Board will therefore conduct Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields). Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism. UBTEB is committed to conduct quality applied knowledge and skills Examinations with an ultimate goal of enabling the students to access further upward academic progressions and employment in the world of work. The Board emphasizes Integrity, Confidentiality, Teamwork, Transparency, Professionalism, Efficiency and effectiveness as the key guiding principles for building a strong organization.
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) now invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following vacant posts existing in its establishment. All applicants should be computer literate. The Board offers attractive salary and benefit packages to all its employees.
DIRECTORATE OF EXAMINATION ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT
Job Title: Examinations Officer , (Quality Assurance), 1 Post
Salary Scale: BTEB 5
Main purpose of the Job:
To plan and implement quality measures of examinations
Draft quality assurance instruments for the management of examinations; Implement and give feedback on quality assurance instruments for management of Examinations; prepare reports on the nature/quality of examination process; develops tools and guidelines for quality assurance in all examination matters; liaises with other examination officers to ensures that the UBTEB examinations awards procedures and production of manuscripts comply with the set standards and any other duty assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelors degree in a relevant field of Education with a qualification in Applied Sciences, Business or Technical field, OR A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Applied Sciences, Business or Technical field.
- A qualification in Education, in Public/Business Administration or related Management discipline is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in conducting examinations including setting, moderating, planning, delivery and awards & marking of theory & practical examinations.
- Three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials, Transcripts and/or Result slips;
- Three (3) most recent and clear passport size photographs, Names and addresses of two referees,
- A letter of recommendation from the employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees; should be submitted in sealed envelopes by Post/hand delivery not later than 2nd December 2011.
Applications should be addressed to;
The Executive Secretary,
Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board,
Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda,
P. O. Box 1499, Kampala – Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.